Do you hear that tapping and gleeful giggling? So sorry, but that is me dancing around the house. It is Friday, and I have the entire next week off. Before I dash off to be the Best Aunt in the world, I wanted to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!
1. It is Friday, and I have an entire week off! Oh my, did I already mention that? I can't help myself. I am giddy and relieved. A week of sleeping in, working out, watching TV, and working on items for my TPT store. Sheer bliss!
2. Ideas for units and games have been buzzing around a my head for two weeks now, and no time for creating. Not just for my TPT store, but for my classroom. I can hardly wait to sink into the creation zone and block the world out.
3. Our weather was a little crazy this week, nothing like the tragic storms that swept across the Midwest, but cold for this Southern California girl.
4. We had one of those days at school that you dream about as a teacher. You know, where you are surrounded by kids working on projects and you are only helping them with finishing touches. The kind of day where the room is quiet and busy. Forget for a minute that they are still working on Iceman projects - not entirely their fault. Because our R-books were so late in getting here, we had to spend extra time in Read 180 to get ready for the district window for the R-skills test.
5. Finally, I have to sign off and get on the freeway. My amazing niece is competing at State, in Long Beach. The 605...on a Friday evening...in the rain...which is why I will win the Most Amazing and Favorite Aunt Award!
Be sure to check back tomorrow, I will be linking up with Joanne for her Spark Student Motivation Saturday linky with my mid-quarter change-up strategy to get those kiddo's back on track!