1. 1,009,487 words read by my 28 Read180/System44 students in our first quarter! We issued a challenge today to our "rival" Read180 class and our administrators; 2, 275,000 words or more by Christmas! If one class fails to meet the goal, they have to sing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer on stage at lunch - with antlers and red noses. If both classes meet or surpass the goal, then my fellow Read180 teacher, principal, assistant principal, and myself, will perform the carol by ourselves at lunch. I am hoping to sing Rudolph!
2. The Vampire Diaries...this is just plain embarrassing, but my humidifier and I have become obsessed with The Vampire Diaries.
I was going to drop a picture in, but that made it seem too real and more embarrassing.
I might need an intervention. I am a grown woman, and I am watching high school vampires. An intervention is definitely needed. Darn you allergies and Netflix!
3. Just a quick question...when I get home from Saturday School tomorrow (yes, again), should I try the lawnmower or just go straight to the scary rusty machete hanging over tool bench?
Darn you allergies..., and Santa Anas..., and the rain..., and Netflix!
4. Have you ever had one of those students who you are just praying will finally have a good day? Well mine finally had a good day! In my class...I am pretending not to know about what might or might not have happened in the later part of the day. In my class, he had a great day! I will take the victories when and where I can get them:)!
5. Finally, over the last two weeks, our Bigfoot essays and the Iceman have consumed our days!
|So what? I have a Bigfoot action figure:).|
The kids did so well with the new organizer, and wrote up a storm!
For some reason, they got really excited about the topic.
I could not be more thrilled by how much effort they put into their writing and how much it looks like actual writing! In the past with my Read180 kids, it was difficult to get them to write complete sentences and paragraphs. We have been writing and writing in our Interactive Notebooks daily and they have gotten really confident about their writing!
Since this prompt and tri-fold organizer were such a hit in my class, I put together the Tri-Fold Narrative Prompt and Organizer packet. It will be the first item for sale in my Teachers Pay Teachers store. It includes the instructions, a sample prompt filled in, a sample essay, Bigfoot prompt on a Tri-Fold, and a blank Tri-Fold organizer. Be one of the first 5 comments and I will send it to you for free! This is a big step for me, so leave a little love after the download, I am needy that way.
Make sure to head on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching for her wonderful Friday linky party! It is a nice way to cruise through everyone's week and catch up!