- The contents of three spare rooms (yes, I am blessed) have been moved into one workable temporary office room.
- It took a little longer than anticipated because apparently I shoved all the boxes that I couldn't bear to go through in one of those rooms. So it was one box, curl up in a ball and watch mindless TV, put on my big girl panties and start on another box, and then repeat the process. But they are all done!
- And don't get me started on the 12 lawn bags full of shredded documents!
- A double bed, a washer, a freezer, and one beloved canine nephew exited the premises and are living happily with my brother.
- A new washer and dryer (my first matching pair ever, deep sigh) are in place.
- Tile guy contacted to finish the tile job started in January and halted to await the removal of the above mentioned giant unnecessary freezer.
- Contractor consultation for new fence, pergola, office, and flooring.
- Consultation with the AC repair boy who delivered the news that a new AC unit is absolutely needed.
- Goodby pergola and I guess teal carpet really isn't that bad (deep sigh, sad face).
- Internet in and out for two days.
If you are a teacher and have been on Pinterest at all this year, you have seen this pin....
Well, I promised myself that I would make this into a bulletin board.
I used a graphic of a stack of books (easy to find your own), printed out a double copy and took it to Office Depot to make color copies. It seemed as if this would be more economical than printing out my own (since I need a new AC unit and am doomed to spend the rest of my life with teal carpet), and more practical than cutting out construction paper books. I took the copies and laminated them at Lakeshore, and cut them out.
You can find the complete set of text/mini posters for the bulletin board here. The frames are by Kathleen Amari-Crookston of Middle Grades Maven. Check out her TpT store!
I know it seems a little silly to post without my bulletin board picture, but I was not going to let another day go by without posting. However, I do have a picture to share.