Five for Friday!

It is Friday, and that means...
1.  Scholastic Book Warehouse Sale!
I had not been to a Scholastic Book Warehouse Sale in years, so I was beyond excited to go and spend a little money.  Trying to be budget conscious, I went to the ATM and got out my budgeted book cash, took my coupon, and drove off grinning like an idiot.  Idiot is the key word, because I drove off without the directions.  So there I was in Irwindale, by myself, with a wad of cash, driving around backstreets looking for the Scholastic Book Warehouse.  Those of you from Southern California will understand exactly how determined I was to find those books!  Those of you who live elsewhere...well, lets just say that there are a lot of warehouses and "film at 11" opportunities in Irwindale.  Needless to say, I found it!  Spent about three hours wandering around, and with my coupon, I stayed $3 under my budget.  Now, I have to find room for the new books in my newly reorganized library...eek!
 
2.  Clean Out Continues!
This week has been spent dealing with landscapers (xeriscaping a portion of the front yard - phase 1), shredding (bags and bags of) documents and bills relating to my father, and trying to completely clean out two rooms in an organized fashion.  I am in the process of de-popcorning the ceilings in the whole house.  Next on the list to be done are what is now a small dark office/sewing room and a spare bedroom.  When they are de-popcorned (new word:), painted, and have new flooring, I am moving my office to the bigger spare bedroom.  It will be beautiful, but right now I have boxes of stuff everywhere!!!!
That is Tex in the foreground, not a cow:)
Now that both of my parents are gone, I have become the "keeper" of the family.  Those boxes are family pictures.  They were everywhere, and I need to sort through them, but for now they just need to be consolidated, safe, and contained.
Consolidated, safe, and contained!  

3.  Hangers 
While cleaning out this week, I realized that I had these great hangers.
The pink one is mine from when I was a little girl, and the others were from my grandmother's things.  I want to incorporate them in to the new office/sewing room.  Any ideas?
  4.  School Things
Well, I made my lesson plan binder cover...
hahaha!
But you saw that in my Workshop Wednesday linky post with Ideas by Jivey:) 

Also, I really started exploring TPT this week - I know, a little late to the party.  Last Friday, Amanda and Aylin at Learning to the Core had a few fabulous freebies, and I was brave enough to try one.
I love it!  This is from Amanda's Teachers Pay Teachers shop!  I am going to use it as a homework incentive, but I am still working out the details.  Thank you Amanda!
 
5.  Bloglovin' and  Facebook
Oh, Bloglovin' seems more like Blogstressin' this week!  However, Jivey @ Ideas by Jivey, and Megan @ i Teach, What's Your Superpower?, have done SO MUCH extra work to help all of us out!  If you are stressin' then I would suggest goin' on over to their blogs and checkin' out their fantastic tutorials. 

And finally, I think I made a Facebook page for my blogI expect that you are all applauding with the appropriate awe:).  So, will you please click on that fancy Facebook button in the right hand side bar and show me some love (and to see if it really works, because I am not really sure if it does:)???

Have a great weekend, and don't forget to hop over to Doodle Bugs Teaching and join the linky!
 

7 comments

  1. I don't think that it worked. I got an error message :(

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story about leaving without directions is hilarious! That NEVER happens to me! (Yeah, right!) I also LOVE your teacher planner cover.

    Have a great weekend,
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad to hear someone else does it too:) At least I had my coupon!

      Delete
  3. under budget? that is impressive.

    Um... LOVE the lesson plan cover!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit to putting a handful of dorky pens back, but $3 under! I was impressed with me too:). And thank you, I am so tempted to really use the cover! The girls would die!:).

      Delete
  4. LOVE, LOVE that binder cover! Gotta have it! I could not help but chuckle every time I look at it!

    About the hanger, my grandmother had a wooden hanger and my mom had a family friend burn my sisters new last name in script for her wedding day. It was really sentimental. I don't know if this helps, but just an idea :)

    Jessie
    Lil Bit Country In the Classroom

    ReplyDelete