1. On Monday, I got a little carried away in my classroom and lost track of time. I looked up and it was almost 3:00 p.m. Which normally isn't that big of a thing, but my brother's dog is staying with me for the summer:) My Lab is very well behaved, a house princess, and going on 13 yrs old. My little rescue mutt is about 3 and was (until she met the bad boy) timid. My brother's dog is a Catahoula (and I adore him) and he is not used to staying in the house. My Lab is happily sleeping away the summer, and my little one and Tex have bonded. This is what I came home to on Monday.
He and Lucy got bored. He opened the door to my office, pulled away a bag of knitting looms and took out NINE skeins of yarn for them to play with! I was greeted at the back door by a ball of yarn rolling down the hallway. The Boyds Teddy Bear carcasses were removed before the crime scene picture was taken - let's just say they are not so collectible anymore.
|Lucy and Tex, aka Bonnie and Clyde, aka the Tart and the Tramp|
This is a mug shot of the perpetrators: the clueless fluffy one is Lucy, the guilty tall Texan is Tex. How can I be upset when confronted with this cuteness? Even if it took me two nights to untangle the yarn?
2. Tuesday was one of my friend's birthday. So Lauren @ Life in Middle School and I met her for breakfast at...
I had french toast and bacon, and ate all of it:)
3. On Wednesday, I finally finished up in my classroom. This is what I brought home to work on over the break.
|Okay, there also might a rolling bag in the trunk of my car, and a huge bin of metal paper dividers to spray paint...|
4. On Thursday, Prince Charming the Gardener came with his army and worked miracles in my back and front yard! Trees and bushes trimmed, bushes torn out, weeds gone, and everything swept up nicely.
This is just 1/3 of the bank in the back yard. I feel so much better! And less guilty, it took 5 guys all day to do it. I was fooling myself, and beating myself up about it at the same time. Now I can manage it from here. It is nice to know that I can have him come a couple times a year and do the big stuff. So happy!
5. So happy that after feeding the pack at 5:00a.m. this morning, I actually managed to turn my brain off and go back to sleep - until 10:30! I can't remember the last time that happened!
Don't forget to go over and link up!