She is hosting her FIRST LINKY PARTY, and because she has been so encouraging to me, I am going to try to make it my first LINKY party. Oy, I hope this works:)
- Goal-setting conferences with parents and students in the first month.
- One late afternoon every 2 weeks will be designated as "office hours" for drop in chats.
- Use Edmodo or a blog to communicate with parents regarding lessons/units and classroom management on a regular basis.
- At least 3 positive notes and phone calls a week - sometimes, I get tunnel vision about the ones that misbehave.
- Call parents about behavior BEFORE it becomes a real problem.
Read 180 is that it is not big on writing anything beyond paragraphs. Not to mention that writing with my kids is painful and slow. I have some great frames for Perfect Paragraphs (which I will share in a later post:), but we seldom get to a multi-paragraph essay. I want them to write daily in a journal, and do WEEKLY WRITING ASSIGNMENTS, even if it means deviating from "the program." Hopefully, there aren't any Read 180 spies out there....shhhhhh!
And my last one seems more like a personal goal...
Okay blogland peoples, you need to help me stay focused on my goals! And remind me of them if I post anymore pictures of baked goodies (not that I might go underground with my baking:)! What are your goals? Go on over to Kim's blog and link up to share your goals!